Sandpaper FilmsLtd (‘Sandpaper’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is an independent film and television production company based in London. Our registered office is at511 Durham Road Low Fell GatesheadTyne& Wear NE9 5EY
Why we process personal information
We collect and process personal information for a number of reasons including:
- Operating and managing our business effectively and lawfully
- As part of and in connection with our programme-making and other activities;
- Responding to queries from members of the public.
Personal information we collect
Contacting us: you may provide your personal information when you contact us by phone, e-mail, or where you contact us online. This may be in connection with you participating to one of our productions, or for some other reason.
Contributing to programmes: if you are applying to take part in one of our programmes it will be necessary for us to collect certain basic information about you including your full name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, and other contact details. We may also need to carry out identity checks and background checks. This will be to assess your suitability for taking part and in order to contact you. In some cases, it may be necessary for us to collect other personal information, including sensitive personal information e.g. about your health or past convictions. Where that is the case, we will provide you with further information about the information we need, why we need it, the lawful bases upon which we process that information, and your rights. We may also ask you to provide information about yourself for equality monitoring purposes. It may be necessary for us to collect financial information about you, in order that we can process payments to you, if payments are applicable.
Recruitment: you may provide us with your personal information when you contact us in connection with an application for a job e.g. your name, contact information and other relevant information such as you’re your background, qualifications and experience. We may need to carry out identity checks and background checks on you and receive information about you from others in order to assess your suitability for the role you are applying for. In some cases, it may be necessary for us to collect other information about you, including sensitive personal information. Where that is the case, we will provide you with further information about the information we need, why we need it, the lawful bases upon which we process that information, and your rights.
Sharing your information
Your information is processed by Sandpaper’s employees and staff. Sometimes we use third parties who are contractually engaged to provide services to Sandpapere.g. IT services, legal and accountancy services. We also may need to share your information with other organisations from time to time including with:
- Companies involved with our business activities e.g. broadcasters, post-production houses, sales agents, distributors;
- broadcasting regulators e.g. Ofcom;
- the police or other regulatory bodies as required by law in connection with the investigation of crimes. Wherever your information is shared by Sandpaperwith a third party organisation, we will ensure we have contractual guarantees in place that your information is to be processed in line with all relevant data protection laws and regulations.
The bases for collecting and processing your information
There are a number of lawful bases upon which we may collect and process your personal information including the following.
- If you have entered into a contract with us, we may need to use your information to fulfil the contract and our obligations to you.
- We may be under a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- We may process your personal information with your consent. Where that is the case, we will tell you and seek your explicit consent before processing your information.
- It may be necessary for us to process your personal information for our own legitimate interests.Note that we will only do so where our legitimate interests do not override your own legitimate rights and interests.
How we keep your personal information
We implement measures to ensure that your data is kept safe and secure e.g. by storing it securely, and by keeping electronic data on secure servers and hard drives with appropriate levels of security.
We will only keep personal information for as long as we need to. For those participating in our programmes, we are likely to retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to exploit the programme in accordance with our legitimate interests and legal obligations. Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed.
You have a number of rights in respect of your personal information, including the right to request:
- access to the personal information that we hold about you;
- that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- that inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- that information is deleted;
- that your information is provided to you in a portable format.
Note that most of these rights are not absolute and are limited to certain defined circumstances. Accordingly, we may not be able to comply with any such request.
If the basis of our processing of your personal data is ‘consent’ you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Getting in touch
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have concerns about the way in which your personal data has been processed by Sandpaper: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy was updated in November 2021. We may update or amend it from time to time.